Wednesday, February 05, 2003

Isn't it interesting how you can meet someone and be so completely head over heels for them. I mean you just can't stop thinking about them...EVER! The stalker in you comes out to the surface and you find yourself oh so conveniently in places where they just might happen to be.

Then something happens and you are able to step back and see things from a different angle. As if you are now looking at the situation as an outsider and suddenly that person isn't "all that". Of course, all your friends told you that person wasn't "all that" (My Grandmother used to say "love is blind, but the neighbors aren't" and that is so appropriate.) Deep down you knew the person was certainly not much at all. But you still wanted to believe
they were different for whatever crazy reason.

Well, it's moments like these that I can tell I have grown so much as a person. I'm quite pleased with myself that I am able to use my intuition and get an accurate sense of what someone really is like before I waste a tremendous amount of my valuable time over someone who doesn't deserve my time. My wonderful friend, Char, once told me that her 30's were a truly fabulous time for her as she was more confident, more secure with herself and she is right. I love my confidence. I love my intuition that I am really starting to pay close attention to. I love that I am able to see that my time is precious and is not to be wasted. And I love this inner calmness or peace that I have come to feel so much more frequently. Nobody is ever worth you losing yourself. My journey has certainly been interesting and I am so looking forward to what may present itself in the future.